Did you know that the way your office space looks can have an impact on the way you feel and function when you’re working? If your office is thoughtfully decorated with pieces that are both stylish and comfortable, you’re more likely to feel energized, productive and motivated when accomplishing work projects big and small. If your workspace feels drab, outdated or stark, spending time in your office can feel more draining than inspiring. Luckily, the friendly design team at Sam Levitz Furniture in Tucson is here to help you transform your ordinary office into an area that you’ll look forward to setting foot in every day. Check out these simple tips to create a polished and practical office space in no time before stopping by our showroom location in Tucson.
Choose the right lighting
If ever there was a space where the type of light fixtures you decorate with matter, it’s your office. While some lights can help you stay focused and make working a breeze, others can make accomplishing tasks more challenging. Choosing lighting solutions that meet your needs while adequately illuminating the area is crucial. Here are some ideas to keep in mind to effectively light up your workspace in style.
- Instead of using overhead light fixtures that can often be harsh or too bright, consider brightening up your work area with table and floor lamps that are softer and more inviting.
- Use task lights as much as possible. Placing adjustable lamps anywhere that you intend to read, type or focus can ensure that your most frequented workspaces are always well-lit.
- If you’re lucky enough to have a window in your office, let natural light pour in by hanging breezy curtain panels or sleek blinds that can easily be adjusted.
Bring in comfy furnishings
There’s nothing worse than an office chair that is uncomfortable. No matter how on-trend it may be, if it doesn’t feel great to sit in, it has no business being in your work area. If your office furniture doesn’t feel as wonderful as it looks, it’s time for an upgrade. Before replacing your old office chair with the first one you find on sale online, take the time to try a few out in person. Office chairs come in a variety of sizes and styles, so you may not realize what you like, or don’t like, about a particular chair until you sit in a couple for yourself.
Along with your chair, it’s important to choose a desk that meets all of your needs. Keep these factors in mind to ensure that you find the best desk for your office.
- Is it big enough for you to comfortably work on?
- Does it come with enough storage space, such as drawers, to hold your essential office supplies?
- Will it complement the surrounding decor of your office?
- Is it the right size for the space where it’ll be?
Accessorize like a boss
Of course, functionality is a key feature for any office space, but it isn’t the only element that matters. Your workspace should also be visually appealing. No matter what the size of your office may be or what style of furniture you choose, bringing in some thoughtful accessories can make all the difference in taking your ordinary work area to the next level. Here are some accessories that are sure to look good in virtually any workspace.
- Decorative pillows: Colorful, affordable and cozy, adding a few throw pillows to the seating areas in your office, including your office chair, is an effortless way to instantly enhance the style and comfort of the entire room.
- Artwork: If the walls in your office are bare or adorned with outdated wall hangings, bringing in modern paintings, personal photographs and other wall decorations that complement the surrounding decor is a wonderful way to put a smile on your face every time you step into the space.
- Area rug: There’s no better way to make any room, including your office, look well-balanced and polished than by incorporating a plush area rug. Choose one that ties in colors from other pieces within the space, such as a piece of artwork, or adds much-needed texture, such as a woven rug.
Don’t forget the greenery
If you’re looking for an easy way to make your office space look more contemporary and feel more inspiring, you can’t go wrong by adding a potted plant or two. Houseplants add a pop of color and texture to your workspace while removing harmful toxins from the air and helping reduce stress. This means that you’re more likely to feel your best when you’re at work. Looking for the perfect plant for your office? Luckily, there are countless options to choose from depending on your maintenance requirements, space needs and price point. While we love the modern yet understated look of spider plants and snake plants, succulents and pothos are easy to care for and relatively hardy, making them a good option for lazy gardeners. If you want to make a big statement with the greenery in your office, an eye-catching fiddle leaf fig tree will make your workspace feel over-the-top and special.
Elevate your office with Sam Levitz Furniture
Whether you’re looking to bring in a few finishing touches to your workspace or you’re giving your office a facelift from top to bottom, Sam Levitz Furniture is here to help you every step of the way. We have a large selection of quality furnishings in a variety of styles to meet your particular design and functional needs, including desks, chairs, wall hangings, light fixtures and more. Visit us online or stop by our convenient showroom location in Tucson today to find the perfect office furniture and accessories to help you look forward to going to work every day.
- Outdoor Dining Furniture from Sam Levitz Will Take Your Summer Entertaining to the Next Level - July 31, 2023
- Furniture Accent Pieces to Elevate Your Living Space - July 3, 2023
- The Sam Levitz Furniture guide to mattresses: Which mattress is right for you? - June 5, 2023
- Five Must Have Items for Your Patio - April 7, 2023
- Turn your living room into a cozy cocoon for the winter months - February 15, 2023