When was the last time you bought a new mattress? If it’s been over 10 years, it’s time for an upgrade. While you probably don’t give much thought to what you sleep on every night, your mattress is among the most important items that you own. After all, your mattress directly affects your quality of sleep, which can affect your mood, health and mental well-being. Because of this, it’s critical that your mattress provide you with the perfect amount of comfort and support. At Sam Levitz Furniture, we can make finding the right mattress for you simpler than you thought possible. Here’s what you should know before stopping by our showroom to find your ideal mattress.
Your mattress size matters
It’s no secret that mattresses come in a wide range of sizes. Being familiar with the differences between mattress sizes can help you find the right mattress to meet your unique needs. First and foremost, your mattress should be big enough for you to feel comfortable while sleeping. Sure, a full-size mattress may seem roomy enough for one person, but what if you share your bed with a spouse, child or pet? Chances are you could use something more spacious, such as a queen.
On the other hand, squeezing a California king-size mattress in a one-bedroom loft may not be the most practical option. Along with providing enough space to lie down and rest comfortably, your mattress should fit well in the room where it will stay. Consider other furniture in the space, such as a nightstand or dresser, as well as walking room. No one wants to squeeze between furniture and walls just to crawl into bed, after all.
You may think that you know how big a queen versus a king-size bed is, and which would work better in your home, but numbers don’t lie. The best way to guarantee that your mattress fits in your bedroom is to measure the space as well as the mattress. Here are the differences in mattress sizes to help you choose which one is best for your specific needs.
- Twin (38 by 75 inches): These work particularly well in small spaces and are often used for bunk beds, children’s rooms and odd-shaped rooms.
- Full (54 by 75 inches): Sometimes referred to as a “double,” a full-size mattress can easily accommodate one adult and is great for teens who want an upgrade from a twin mattress and for guest bedrooms.
- Queen (60 by 75 inches): Perhaps the most popular mattress size, queen-size mattresses fit into most average-sized bedrooms and are spacious enough for couples to spread out while dreaming.
- King (76 by 80 inches): For folks who want to spread out without bumping into their partner, a king-size mattress offers the equivalent of two twin-sized mattresses, providing plenty of space and comfort.
Which style mattress will meet your needs?
Once you decide which size mattress is the best for you, it’s time to consider mattress style. Ideally, you’ll find a mattress that doesn’t only feel wonderful when you first lie down but will provide a balance of comfort and support all night long. Remember, tossing, turning and waking up with back pain in the morning are not normal. You deserve a great night’s sleep every night! Here are the most common styles of mattresses we provide at Sam Levitz Furniture.
- Memory foam: If you love to feel like you’re being cradled while you sleep, a memory foam mattress could be for you. People love how it shapes to fit their body, while still providing support and relieving pressure points.
- Innerspring: This mattress offers more support than its counterparts and tends to be more affordable than other styles.
- Hybrid: For folks who want the comfort of a memory foam mattress with the support of an innerspring, look no further than a hybrid mattress.
- Pillow top: With a thick, soft layer on top of this mattress, you’ll feel like you’re floating on a cloud every time you get in your bed.
- Euro top: This mattress offers the luxurious softness of a pillow top mattress with a special layer that allows it to sit flush with the rest of the mattress.
While you may think that sleeping on a pillow top or memory foam is the way to go for you, the best way to determine which type of mattress you need is to try it out. Don’t be afraid to head to your favorite Tucson furniture store and lie on the different mattresses for yourself. You may be surprised by how different they feel, especially when you compare them back to back.
Things to keep in mind when mattress shopping
When the time comes to invest in a new mattress, it’s important to be prepared. Mattresses aren’t a one-size-fits-all piece of furniture. Taking the time to find the best mattress for your home will ensure that you end up with a quality furnishing that will serve you well for many years and, most importantly, that you sleep well every night. Check out these practical tips to keep in mind when shopping for your ideal mattress.
- Measure, measure, measure: Write down the exact measurements of your bedroom, as well as the spaces that the mattress will have to travel to reach your bedroom, including hallways and doors, to make sure that the mattress will fit comfortably in your home.
- Set a budget: Know how much you are willing to spend before you fall in love with a mattress that is out of your price range.
- Try them out: Lie on lots of different mattresses to get a clear picture of what you like and dislike.
- Read the warranty: Before swiping your credit card, be sure you are aware of what the mattress’s warranty includes.
A quality mattress is the secret to getting more rest, waking up feeling energized and living a healthy lifestyle for years to come. If it’s time for you to replace your uncomfortable, worn-out mattress, the trusted team at Sam Levitz Furniture is here for you. Visit us online or stop by our showroom in Tucson to start your journey to a better night’s sleep.
- Deck the Halls: Transforming Your Home for the Holidays with Sam Levitz - November 24, 2023
- Turn your living room into a cozy cocoon for the winter months - October 23, 2023
- Outdoor Dining Furniture from Sam Levitz Will Take Your Summer Entertaining to the Next Level - July 31, 2023
- Furniture Accent Pieces to Elevate Your Living Space - July 3, 2023
- The Sam Levitz Furniture guide to mattresses: Which mattress is right for you? - June 5, 2023