Summer is everyone’s favorite time of year. With longer days and warmer weather, there’s no better time to take a break from the busyness of everyday life and make new memories with the ones you love. To ensure that your home is the perfect backdrop for family cookouts, weekend get-togethers, and outdoor entertaining, the design experts at Sam Levitz Furniture are here to help you transition your home decor from spring to summer quickly and easily. By using a few outdoor elements, embracing bold colors, and curating a welcoming place to sit outside, you’ll be well on your way to designing the ultimate summer-inspired home. Check out these tips to help get you started.
Play with Color
When it comes to making your home feel like summertime, the colors you choose to bring into your home decor matter. Whereas soft shades and subtle patterns reign supreme in springtime, summer is all about bright, vibrant colors. Fortunately, incorporating vibrancy into your living spaces with color is easier than it may sound. Here are some ideas to help you do just that:
- Paint a wall a bold shade of yellow, green, or orange to reflect the warmth and charm of the season.
- Add throw pillows in a bold floral print to your sofa, bed, or outdoor sectional.
- Replace ordinary dining room chairs with ones in an unexpected shade of navy or sea foam green.
- Display bright fruits, such as lemons or limes, in a clear bowl as a simple yet cheerful centerpiece for your breakfast room table.
Incorporate Outdoor Elements
What makes summer so wonderful? Being outside, of course. With this in mind, using outdoor elements in your home decor is a simple yet attractive way to make your home feel as warm and inviting as a summer afternoon at the beach with the people you love most. Check out these easy tips to incorporate outdoor elements into your favorite indoor living spaces:
- Put houseplants in every room. From your kitchen and living room to your bedroom and bathroom, a potted plant or flower can enhance even the smallest of spaces by adding color, charm, and a pleasant aroma.
- Bring in natural elements, such as bamboo shades, fibrous area rugs, and woven baskets, for much-needed texture.
- Display outdoor elements in a glass vase or bowl for a surprising accent on a bookshelf, such as seashells, stones, or branches.
Freshen Up Your Outdoor Space
There’s something about entertaining outdoors that can make any event feel special, regardless of whether you’re hosting two or twenty people. To make sure your patio area is always ready for visitors, be sure to give it some attention this season. Start by investing in a comfortable place to sit. A pair of matching chairs with a bistro table would be ideal for a small space, while a plush outdoor sofa and wicker coffee table would work beautifully on a sprawling porch. Don’t forget to accessorize with trendy accent pillows and make it feel cozy with a charming area rug and throw blanket. If space will allow, you can’t go wrong with an outdoor dining set. After all, who doesn’t love eating under the sky? It won’t take much to create a space that your family and guests will never want to leave.
Set the Mood
Once your outdoor furniture is complete with comfortable, beautiful accessories, it’s time to take your outdoor entertaining area to the next level. Start by hanging twinkle lights around your patio area or even in your trees to create a dreamy atmosphere that will make sipping your favorite drink on a warm evening feel special. Next, put out a few candles to help your patio area feel romantic and sophisticated, while simultaneously keeping the summer bugs at bay. Along with twinkle lights and candles, investing in a portable Bluetooth speaker or built-in audio system to stream a fun playlist or two is another great way to elevate your outdoor seating area. With the right lighting and music, you’ll be ready for a party all summer long.
Add Some Fun Features
Sure, your outdoor area will be gorgeous with new furniture and have a cozy atmosphere with twinkle lights, candles, and music, but providing opportunities to bond with your loved ones is what will really make this summer one to remember. How do go about doing that, you ask? With some fun outdoor features, of course. Here are some ideas to keep your outdoor area playful and unique:
- Put a fire pit in the backyard with plenty of chairs to make roasting marshmallows and late-night conversations a breeze.
- Add a water fountain to your yard or porch to provide an eye-catching focal point as well as some soothing background noise.
- Keep everyone cool with an outdoor bar cart stocked with stylish plastic barware and your favorite beverages.
- Provide some games that adults and kids alike will enjoy playing in the yard, such as corn hole.
Swap out Fabrics
The fabrics you choose to incorporate into your home can control the overall aesthetic and ambiance of the space. Whereas plaid, wool, and fur are ideal for the cold months of winter, lighter fabrics are the best way to let everyone know that it’s summer. With this in mind, be sure to transition thick sheets, comforters, and throw blankets for ones that breathe easier and feel luxurious, such as cotton percale sheets and linen window treatments. Don’t forget to choose fabrics that are light in color as well, such as crisp whites, cool grays, and fresh creams. The result will be living spaces that feel relaxed and airy, even on the hottest of summer days. If decorating your home for summer has you feeling overwhelmed, don’t worry. The team at Sam Levitz Furniture will help you pick out numerous items, as we have a large selection of outdoor furniture, natural pieces, and bright accessories to transform any room in your home into a relaxing, vacation-worthy space. For more tips on curating your ultimate summer-inspired home or to breathe new life into your living spaces with the best features of the season, contact us or visit our showroom in Tucson today. We can’t wait to show you how simple decorating your home for summer can be!
- Cree un Espacio de Vida al Aire Libre Simple y Perfecto - July 23, 2021
- Create a Simple and Perfect Outdoor Living Space - July 20, 2021
- Cómo Adaptar el Estilo de su Hogar de la Primavera al Verano - June 11, 2021
- How to Style Your Home from Spring to Summer - June 11, 2021
- Practical Tips to Design a More Relaxing Home - May 18, 2021