A bright home is a happy home. When you’re able to achieve the right balance of brightness in your living spaces, your home is sure to feel big, comfortable, and welcoming. Sometimes, making rooms feel big and bright can be a challenge. When it comes to maximizing the brightness of your kitchen and dining room, the design team at Ashley Homestore is here to help. Check out these five easy tips to make your kitchen and dining room feel brighter and better than ever.
Bright (But Tasteful) Colors
The best kitchens and dining rooms are those that feel open and inviting. Whether the room you’re redesigning is spacious or tiny, choosing the right color for your kitchen or dining room can make all the difference in helping it feel cheerful and contemporary. The secret to selecting the perfect shade for your space is finding a color that is bright, but not overpowering.
While you may love the look of dramatic colors in home decor, such as charcoal or navy, dark colors tend to make rooms feel closed in or smaller than they are. Choosing lighter colors instead can give your kitchen or dining room an instant facelift. If you think that sticking with light shades over dark will make your room feel stark or boring, think again.
White cabinets and cream dining room chairs can enhance your modern living space, but it’s certainly possible to let your personality shine through bright colors as well. Incorporating a surprising pop of color through bar stools, artwork, floating shelves, or even an accent wall can bring your kitchen or dining room to life without overwhelming the space.
Freshen Things Up
When it’s time to update your kitchen or dining room, you may be tempted to redo every feature from top to bottom to achieve a bright, contemporary look. Sometimes, making a few simple changes is all it will take to create a space that you’re proud to call your own. Here are some practical ways to elevate your kitchen or dining room in as little as one day:
- Bring in some houseplants: Plants and flowers, real or artificial, can make a house feel like a home. Add some fresh potted herbs to your kitchen or charming snake plant to your dining room to make it feel more charming and warm in a flash.
- Change up the wall color: Never underestimate the power of a fresh coat of paint. If it’s been a while since you changed up the wall color in your kitchen or dining room, what are you waiting for? Greens and yellows work particularly well in kitchens while you can’t go wrong with a blue or tan to curate an eye-catching dining room.
- Lose the clutter: Rooms that aren’t filled with junk simply look better. To make the most of your kitchen or dining area, get rid of any item that isn’t useful, necessary, or that you love. Be sure to keep the pieces you keep well organized to ensure the space is as functional as it is beautiful.
Ultimately, the accessories you choose to incorporate into your kitchen or dining room will make it or break its entire look. When it comes to designing a space that feels contemporary and bright, less is more. Keep these simple tips in mind to make your kitchen or dining room feel more comfortable and stylish without cluttering your counters or tabletop:
- Fill a simple white bowl with bright fruit, such as lemons, limes, or oranges, to add an understated yet refreshing pop of color.
- Arrange artwork and photographs in matching gold frames for a sophisticated touch.
- To add an unexpected and charming feel to the room, use uncommon pieces as decoration, such as antique plates, baskets, or books.
The Lighter, the Better
If you’re looking to brighten up your kitchen or dining room, why not go right to the source? The light fixtures you choose to incorporate into your living spaces can have a tremendous impact on the overall style and function of the space. Along with selecting lighting options that are attractive and modern, it’s important that they meet the specific needs of the room they’re in.
For instance, light fixtures in your kitchen should be bright enough to illuminate the whole room, ensuring that cooking, cleaning, and entertaining are easy and efficient. Likewise, lamps, chandeliers, and accent lighting in your dining room should be customizable to suit your particular mood. Ample overhead lighting may be ideal for brunch, while soft lighting would be more appropriate for a romantic dinner at home. The bottom line? Incorporating the right light fixtures can make your kitchen and dining room exceptional.
Incorporate Luxurious Elements
Regardless of what your personal home style may be, there’s always room for luxurious elements in your kitchen or dining room. Fortunately, you don’t have to break the bank to make your home feel elegant and sophisticated. To make your kitchen or dining room feel as comfortable and high-end as possible, be sure to bring in these pieces:
- An area rug: Rugs are a fabulous way to add texture, pattern, and color to a space while keeping your feet comfy.
- Window treatments: Wooden blinds would make an excellent addition to a clean, modern kitchen, while airy curtain panels can help make your dining room dreams a reality. Be sure to choose window treatments that prioritize light and complement the space’s existing decor.
- Make it smell good: When your kitchen or dining room smells as good as it looks, it instantly feels more inviting. To make the space smell glorious, consider adding scented candles, an essential oil diffuser, or houseplants, such as lavender, jasmine, or a peace lily to add more soothing and relaxing scents to your home.
If your kitchen or dining room feels dark, dated, or closed in, it’s time for an upgrade. Ashley Homestore has everything you need to make your kitchen, dining room, and every other room in your house feel fresh and inviting. Contact us or stop by our convenient showroom in Tucson to revamp your home quickly and easily today!
- New baby? 4 tips for decorating your nursery - October 20, 2021
- 6 Tips to Style Your Home for Fall - September 22, 2021
- Must-Have Pieces for Your College Dorm or Young Adult’s Room - August 19, 2021
- Furniture and Accessories to Keep You Cool All Summer Long - July 20, 2021
- 5 Ideas to Brighten Up Your Kitchen and Dining Room - June 11, 2021