Is your kitchen cramped? Do you wish you had more space to create homecooked meals in the kitchen of your dreams? The reality is that the size of your kitchen doesn’t really matter. What really matters is the efficiency of your kitchen.
The kitchen is one of the most used rooms in the home, so it makes sense to make it more efficient. A little planning, installation, and organizing can make your kitchen incredibly sustainable. One of the most frustrating things a homeowner may have to deal with is an unorganized, crowded kitchen space. Luckily, with the addition of a sliding shelf, pull out shelves, and more, you can make use of tight spaces that don’t normally get used in your kitchen.
What Makes an Efficient Kitchen?
In a nutshell, an efficient kitchen makes use of all space available. Nooks, crannies, and crevices are utilized to their fullest potential. An efficient kitchen utilizes filler pull outs, tip out trays, and other shelves that slide. The idea is to add space to places that do not normally get used. Even if you have a tiny kitchen, cleverly maximizing space can really improve your life!
How to Make Your Kitchen More Efficient with Shelves that Slide
When it comes to storage space, be creative and think outside the box. There are probably many little areas in your kitchen that may benefit from a do-it yourself pull-out shelf or Lazy Susan. The do-it-yourself installation of custom kitchen shelves is easy. The best part is that you don’t have to spend a fortune when you rely on the best and the original pullout shelf company, Shelves that Slide!
Here are ways to make your kitchen more efficient:
- Install a custom pull-out sliding shelf. Do you hate bending over and reaching around to find out what is in the back of your cabinets? Well, pull-out shelves are for you! Installing a custom pull-out sliding shelf can be an easy do-it-yourself home improvement project that can really can improve the quality of your life.
Custom-made to fit your cabinets, our Premium shelves provide the strength needed to support your heaviest pots and pans, or even Grandma’s Dutch oven! Also known as sliding shelves, pull out shelves are easy to install. Choose from Premium, NewLine, or Economy shelves. Simply mount the slide hardware, insert the pull-out shelf, and then enjoy them for many years to come.
- Create space with filler pull outs. These slim storage pullouts are genius! They completely transform the wasted space behind decorative fillers into functional storage pullouts. Not only do they provide great additional storage space, they allow you to easily access items. Available in 3″ and 6″ widths for base and wall cabinet applications, these awesome storage shelves are perfect for spices, oils, wine, and more.
- Install some tip out trays. Create extra space where you need it most with our innovative tip out trays. Want to hide that scrubber sponge? Need a place to put your rings while you do dishes? Tip out trays transform that pesky fake dummy drawer into a functional and accessible storage space.
- Make use of Lazy Susans. Originally called dumbwaiters, Lazy Susans are perfect for organizing food and spices in narrow cupboards. They are incredibly versatile, and can even be used as a revolving dessert carousel. Available in whatever size and shape you need – Full circle, Half moon, Pie cut, Kidney shape, D-shaped – We have the turntable for you. Lazy Susans are perfect for organizing your pantries, base cabinets, wall cabinets and those pesky blind corner cabinets.
- Get some drawer organizers. Need a drawer organizer to keep those utensils in line? When your drawers are messy, it can make food preparation and cooking a chore. We offer a large selection of trim-to-fit drawer divider systems that can organize your knives, forks and spoons, not to mention that spice drawer. Set the dining table with ease with easy accessibility to all your flatware.
Get Started Today!
For well over two decades, Shelves that Slide has delighted customers with top-quality pullout kitchen shelving and other accessories. We enjoy helping you fall in love with your kitchen with our custom-made shelving. Using the best materials and painstaking craftmanship, we make some of the best sliding shelves money can buy. Contact us today to transform your kitchen and other home spaces!
- Staying at Home Giving You More Laundry? Organize It! - May 18, 2020
- How a Well-Organized Kitchen Promotes Healthy Eating Habits - March 26, 2020
- Looking to Have a Happier and Healthier Year? Get Organized! - January 21, 2020
- ‘Tis the Season to Spice Up Your Kitchen Storage - November 20, 2019
- Don’t You Just Love (D.I.Y.) Stories With a Happy Ending? - September 26, 2019