Everyone loves a beautifully decorated patio area, especially during the warm summer months. While curating an outdoor entertaining space may seem complicated or expensive, it doesn’t have to be. With the right outdoor furniture, a few tasteful accessories, and these helpful tips from the design experts at Sam Levitz Furniture in Tucson, you’ll be well on your way to creating a fabulous outdoor living space in no time.
Provide a Comfortable Place to Sit
First and foremost, it’s important to invest in a comfortable place to sit. After all, patios are the primary outdoor spot to hang out with friends and family alike. While you may be tempted to purchase the first outdoor sofa or sectional you love, there are a few factors to consider:
- The Size of Your Space: The last thing you want to do is bring home a gorgeous new seating arrangement only to discover that it’s too big for your porch. A crucial step for saving money, time, and heartache is to measure your space first.
- Your Lifestyle: Do you rarely entertain guests or is your home frequently bustling with excitement? Recognizing how many people are typically in your home can help you determine how many seats you should provide in your outdoor space.
- Your Personal Style: Are you looking to decorate your patio area with a classic conversation set that can easily transition between seasons and years? Or are you looking for an outdoor seating arrangement that is contemporary and trendy? Identifying your personal taste before furniture shopping can help you stay focused and choose pieces that will complement the rest of your home’s existing decor.
After you find an outdoor seating arrangement that you love, why not look for a spot to kick up your feet? A well-placed ottoman can help you do just that.
Don’t Forget the Shade
Relaxing and entertaining outdoors is one of the best parts of summer, but without a bit of shade, your perfect pool day or backyard bar-b-que might get warmer than you’d prefer. If you don’t have a shady spot in your backyard, don’t fret. You can make your own! Whether you’re enjoying a casual lunch, hanging out with friends, or letting your kids get some fresh air, an outdoor umbrella can help you stay cool and comfortable all summer long. Be sure to select an umbrella that matches your outdoor furniture and one that can easily be adjusted to keep your family covered no matter the activity..
Make Outdoor Dining a Breeze
There’s something about eating in the open air that can make even the simplest meals more memorable. If you don’t have an outdoor table and chairs to enjoy a meal with your loved ones, what are you waiting for? Incorporating a small bistro table, inviting outdoor dining set, or even a pub-style table and chairs is all it takes to transform your ordinary patio space into your family’s new favorite gathering area. To make it even more stylish and comfortable, be sure to add bright accent pillows and a charming outdoor area rug. The result will be welcoming and fresh.
Have Fun with It
When it comes to having fun in your backyard, a few pieces can go a long way to create memories your family and friends won’t soon forget. Here are some ideas to help you make the most of your porch or patio area by providing your loved ones with lots of fun:
- Fire Pit: Who doesn’t love roasting marshmallows or staying up late chatting around an open fire? Fire pits are a feature that can enhance the beauty and fun of virtually any outdoor entertaining space. Because they come in a variety of sizes and styles, it’s not difficult to find one to complement your patio without breaking the bank.
- Bar Cart: It won’t be hard to beat the summer heat with a stylish bar cart positioned next to your outdoor seating area. Whether you choose a traditional bar cart or use a handsome wooden table as a place to prepare and serve your favorite beverages, you are sure to love the convenience that having cold drinks within reach..
- Yard Games: To help pass the time on lazy summer afternoons, provide a few outdoor yard games. Creating hours of fun for children and adults alike is as simple as setting out a corn hole set or oversized lawn Jenga and watch as the silliness ensues.
Set the Mood with Lights
Just because you’re interested in designing a simple outdoor living space, doesn’t mean it can’t feel special and unique. After you’ve found a comfortable place to sit, set up an inviting outdoor dining area, and included some entertaining elements, it’s time to bring the whole space together with the right lighting. String lights offer warm, intimate lighting that can enhance the beauty and ambiance of any porch or patio, but they’re also affordable and can easily be adjusted to meet your style and space needs. Also consider adding a table lamp or two to your patio. While it may not be the obvious choice to meet your outdoor lighting needs, bringing a few indoor elements outdoors is a simple way to make your patio feel homey and inviting.
Simple Outdoor Living with Sam Levitz When it comes to making the most out of your outdoor living space this summer, remember that less is always more. You don’t have to invest in an array of new furniture or spend a lot of money to create an outdoor entertaining space that is stylish, comfortable, and welcoming. For everything you need to make your outdoor area your own, the design team at Sam Levitz Furniture in Tucson is here to help. Visit us online or stop by our showroom location today to bring your outdoor home decor dreams to life!
- La guía de colchones de Sam Levitz Furniture: ¿Qué colchón es el adecuado para usted? - October 22, 2021
- The Sam Levitz Furniture guide to mattresses: Which mattress is right for you? - October 20, 2021
- Prepare Su Casa para el Otoño con Estos Sencillos Consejos - September 23, 2021
- Get Your Home Ready for Autumn with These Easy Tips - September 22, 2021
- Cómo Mantener su Oficina en Casa Actualizada - August 24, 2021