With summer in full swing, there’s no better time to kick back and relax with the ones you love right in the comfort of your home. While hosting backyard bar-b-ques and lounging on your patio may be at the top of your end-of-summer to-do list, utilizing the right furniture and accessories in your outdoor entertaining spaces can make all the difference in ensuring your family and guests stay cool all summer long. The good news is a few simple pieces can have a big impact on making this your best summer yet. Check out these tips from the design team at Ashley HomeStore in Tucson to help you do just that.
Create Your Own Shade
Is there anything better than enjoying a casual mid-morning breakfast or lazy afternoon snack on a sunny summer day? We don’t think so! Unfortunately, even the most comfortable outdoor dining set can’t provide a shady spot to help you retreat from the sun when you need to. Because of this, it’s important to invest in a quality outdoor umbrella to pair with your favorite picnic table, dining set, or seating arrangement.
Not only can an outdoor umbrella provide an ideal place to chill out in the shade, but it can also add a gorgeous pop of color or pattern that is sure to bring your entire patio space to life. To get the most out of your outdoor umbrella, be sure to choose one that can easily be adjusted so that you can stay cool no matter how hot it is outside.
Find a Spot to Relax
One of the best parts of summer is finding time to slow down and relax. To make your outdoor space cozier and more relaxing, it’s a good idea to set up some places that will encourage you to kick up your feet and take a load off. Along with the obvious outdoor sofa or sectional, a hammock would make a great addition to your porch or patio area. After all, who wouldn’t want to curl up in a comfortable hammock to read a good book, take a cat nap, or simply take in a beautiful day?
Hammocks have come a long way in recent years. Regardless of your personal style, the size of your home, or your budget restrictions, Ashley HomeStore has a large selection of fabulous hammocks that are as stylish and trendy as they are welcoming and relaxing. Once you add a hammock to your outdoor area, you may wonder why you didn’t invest in one sooner.
Enjoy Your Favorite Drink
What would the season be without a refreshing, cold beverage on a hot summer day? Whether you’re enjoying a lazy afternoon with the family or hosting a casual get-together with friends, having everything you need to entertain and serve drinks in style is a great way to make new memories while staying cool.
Luckily, it won’t take much to impress your family and friends alike with contemporary entertaining accessories. Here are some of our favorites:
- Drinkware: Kiss your boring plastic and disposable cups goodbye! By choosing from a colorful selection of outdoor-friendly cups, goblets, tumblers, and other drinkware, every day can feel like a celebration. Whether you’re looking for something simple and modern or bright and playful, choosing one-of-a-kind drinkware is an easy way to cool off in style all summer long.
- Cocktail Accessories: When it’s time to mix up your favorite adult beverage, be sure that you’re ready. Along with an eye-catching cocktail shaker, be sure to have cocktail picks, an ice bucket, and coasters on hand to make your at-home happy hour a hit.
- Bar Cart: What good is having beautiful drinkware and stylish cocktail accessories if you can’t see them? A bar cart can make a wonderful complement to your kitchen, dining room, or outdoor entertaining area.
- Coolers: To make hanging out in your backyard as convenient, fun, and pleasant as possible, having a spot to grab a cold drink is a must. While an ordinary cooler would certainly do the job, an outdoor wicker cooler is even better. Along with keeping your refreshments cold, a wicker cooler can provide an additional place to sit and add a decorative flair to your porch or patio.
- Beverage Tubs: Another stylish and practical option to store and cool your drinks this summer is an outdoor stainless steel beverage tub. Not only can it be easily transported with its convenient wheels, but the cooler can be detached as needed.
Take a Seat by the Pool
If you’re lucky enough to have a pool in your backyard, it’s important to provide plenty of seating options to make laying in the sun or enjoying the water as comfortable as possible. While an outdoor sun lounger is the perfect spot to rest or catch some rays on a pleasant day, a wicker coffee set is a great option for visiting with loved ones by the pool.
Of course, you don’t have to own a pool to unwind and cool off in your backyard. Adirondack and rocking chairs are both fun pieces to bring personality and charm to any area of your backyard. Also, you can’t go wrong with classic lounge chairs to soak up some rays by the pool. Don’t forget to pair them with a matching wooden table to hold your snacks and lemonade.
Stay Cool This Summer at Ashley HomeStore
Transforming your home into your ideal summer hang-out spot doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. Whether you’re looking for a shady spot to enjoy a meal, a comfortable place to relax with friends, or modern new drinkware to mix up a fruity beverage, Ashley HomeStore in Tucson has everything you need to make the most out of your outdoor entertaining areas and, most importantly, beat the heat with our gorgeous summer furnishings and accessories.
Visit us online or stop by our convenient showroom location today and let us help keep you cool with quality furniture and unique accessories to add your own personal touch on your home and outdoor space all summer long.
- New baby? 4 tips for decorating your nursery - October 20, 2021
- 6 Tips to Style Your Home for Fall - September 22, 2021
- Must-Have Pieces for Your College Dorm or Young Adult’s Room - August 19, 2021
- Furniture and Accessories to Keep You Cool All Summer Long - July 20, 2021
- 5 Ideas to Brighten Up Your Kitchen and Dining Room - June 11, 2021