Fall is one of the best times to spend at home. As the days become shorter and the weather becomes cooler, there’s no better opportunity to slow down and enjoy time with the ones you love most right in your own space. Of course, having a home that exudes comfort and autumn-inspired style can make spending time at home more comfortable and pleasant. That’s why the experienced design team at Sam Levitz Furniture is here to help. We have everything you need to transition your home from a busy, hot summer to a relaxing, cool autumn. These five tips will point you in the right direction to transform your home into your own personal fall wonderland.
Focus on Warm Colors
While summer is all about bright color schemes, autumn is the perfect time to warm things up in your home. The days are cooling off, after all. There’s no easier way to get your mind in the fall mindset than by incorporating colors that are notorious for fall. Here are some of our favorites for the season:
- Orange: What would fall be without burnt orange? Hello, pumpkin spice everything! While orange may not be your favorite color during the other nine months of the year, using it sparingly in your home during autumn is an easy way to spice things up (pun intended).
- Mustard: There’s something about a rich shade of gold or mustard that just makes you want to cuddle under a blanket and enjoy a warm cup of tea. Not to mention, it feels cheery without giving off summer vibes.
- Green: Sure, green is the color of spring and summer, but when done right, it can bring your ultimate autumn dreams to life. Just be sure to choose saturated shades, such as emerald or hunter, for a sophisticated fall atmosphere.
- Eggplant: If you’re looking to think outside the box this fall, while still encapsulating the best the season has to offer, eggplant is the color for you. Its rich nature will add elegance and personality to any space in your home, big or small.
Swap out Fabrics
With summer drawing to an end and autumn right around the corner, it’s time to switch out your warm weather fabrics for more seasonally-appropriate ones. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Replaced cool cotton sheets for warmer alternatives, such as flannel, and thicker comforters and quilts.
- Incorporate upholstered furniture with fall-inspired patterns, such as Buffalo check and plaid.
- Bring in extra accent pillows and throw blankets, especially ones with plenty of texture.
- Warm up your dining room space with a beautiful burlap tablecloth.
Update Your Fireplace
If there’s one place in your home that should be getting all the attention this autumn, it’s the fireplace. Your fireplace isn’t just the focal point of your living space, it’s a place where family and friends can come together to relax and make new memories. With this in mind, it should be decorated in a way that reflects its significance and your personal style. Keep these tips in mind to get the most out of your fireplace this fall:
- Decorate it with natural elements, such as pine cones, pumpkins or even bare sticks for a rustic yet cozy feel.
- Add a romantic touch by sprinkling tea candles or string lights along the mantle.
- Layer photographs and artwork of varying sizes on your fireplace to help it look like it was designed by a pro.
- Keep it simple. Choose a few of your favorite pieces and let them shine, rather than overcrowding your fireplace and making it look cluttered.
Give Your Front Porch Some Attention
Is there anything better than a beautifully-decorated front porch? We don’t think so. Luckily, it doesn’t take much to pull together a porch area with plenty of curb appeal. Check out these ideas to bring your porch to the next level this season:
- Give your front door a fresh coat of paint.
- Pair a fall-inspired wreath or festive door hanger with a fresh welcome mat to welcome in your family and guests alike.
- Swap out your summer plants for autumn-friendly alternatives, such as mums, that will stay looking great as the weather starts to cool off.
- Hang string lights around your porch area to make even normal days feel like a special occasion.
- Upgrade your patio furniture, so you can enjoy the pleasant weather all season long.
Keep It Cozy
Whether you’re relaxing inside at the end of a long day or hosting an outdoor fall party, it’s important to create spaces that are cozy and welcoming this fall. A few thoughtful details can make a big difference in terms of enhancing the coziness of your home. Here are some simple tips to help you do just that:
- Bring on the accent pillows: Add a few extra accent or throw pillows to your sofa, bed, outdoor sectional and even your dining room to keep every room in your home as comfy as possible.
- Light some candles: Candles can make any room feel warm and inviting. Be sure to include them in your living room, bedroom and dining room to set the mood and unwind in style.
- Add area rugs: No one likes putting their toes on a cold floor in the morning. To warm up your floors and help any room in your home look its best, add an area rug or two to your bare floors.
- Choose the right light fixtures: How you light your home matters. Instead of using primarily overhead lighting that can be harsh, light your living spaces with a combination of accent and task light fixtures. The result is sure to feel balanced and inviting.
- Embracing autumn-inspired home decor and accessories can help your family get the most out of every room in your home this season.
For everything you need to transition your home from summer into fall, Sam Levitz Furniture has you covered. Visit us online or stop by our convenient showroom location to check out our large selection of quality furnishings, modern acces
- La guía de colchones de Sam Levitz Furniture: ¿Qué colchón es el adecuado para usted? - October 22, 2021
- The Sam Levitz Furniture guide to mattresses: Which mattress is right for you? - October 20, 2021
- Prepare Su Casa para el Otoño con Estos Sencillos Consejos - September 23, 2021
- Get Your Home Ready for Autumn with These Easy Tips - September 22, 2021
- Cómo Mantener su Oficina en Casa Actualizada - August 24, 2021