For the 2nd year in a row, Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona has partnered with Pima Community College’s Fashion Textiles Class. The PCC Fashion students are tasked with upcycling clothing found at Goodwill stores into high fashion garments for the 2020 PCC FashionArte Show in May.
Project Profile – Emma West
Emma is creating a 50’s style oversized jacket with a pastel color palette. Using a large yellow jacket as the base, Emma is planning on adding patches of color cut from silk dress shirts. All her materials were sourced from local Goodwill stores.
The theme of the jacket is based on her class’s brand, CurioCity. The brand will be a complete collection produced by the class using the guiding design principles of pastel colors, feathery embellishments, and a chic 1950s aesthetic.
- PCC Student Recycles Fabric from Goodwill Dresses for Fashion Show - January 15, 2020
- PCC student turning Goodwill sheets, curtains into high fashion clothing - December 17, 2019
- Goodwill Partners with PCC on Fashion Upcycling Project - December 17, 2019
- Goodwill 50th Anniversary: The people who make the mission worth doing - November 26, 2019
- Goodwill 50th Anniversary: The people who make the mission worth doing - October 30, 2019