Nothing says “spring” quite like a beautiful Easter celebration. Easter is a wonderful opportunity to bring family and friends together to indulge in delicious food, bond over fun activities, and make new memories that will last a lifetime. While it doesn’t take much to make an Easter get-together special, proper planning is essential to ensure that you throw a celebration that is Easter Bunny approved. A few simple tricks can make all the difference in transitioning your home from plain and ordinary to playful and inviting. Here are some helpful tips that are sure to make your Easter celebration one that your guests won’t soon forget.
Create a Warm Welcome
Before you start thinking about decorating your living spaces, it’s important to consider the first thing your guests will encounter when they arrive at your home: your entryway. Whether you have a spacious front porch with plenty of room for décor and accessories or are limited on space, you can create an entrance that is bright and welcoming without breaking the bank. Start by choosing a springtime wreath to bring your front door to life. You can’t go wrong with one that incorporates soft pastel colors, bright flowers, or festive Easter eggs. If space allows, consider adding a planter or two on either side of your door for a pop of greenery that will let everyone know that spring is here.
The décor shouldn’t end on your doorstep. Be sure to make thoughtful additions to your entryway once you walk into your home as well. Placing a colorful egg or floral wreath over a mirror above your entryway table makes for an understated yet elegant look. Likewise, throwing a few fun pillows on an entryway bench is a quick and easy way to seamlessly carry the Easter theme from your front porch into your home.
The Star of the Show
Whether you are hosting an intimate get-together for a few close friends, or are expecting a family reunion to arrive on your doorstep come Easter Sunday, there’s no question about where your guests will spend most of their time: around the table. Easter is nothing if it’s not a time to share a delicious meal with the people you love. With this idea in mind, it’s best to make the dining room table your party’s focal point. To create the perfect Easter table, try these simple decorating tricks:
- Layer fabrics: Keep the table cloth or runner simple. If you’re planning a sit-down meal, choose cloth napkins that have a print or texture that will pop next to the table cloth, such as bold stripes or delicate lace.
- Pick the Right Centerpiece: If you will be serving your meal family-style, pick one centerpiece that makes a statement, but will leave plenty of room for the dishes that will be sharing the table with it, such as an arrangement of flowers or a ceramic Easter bunny. Be sure to set the dishes on the table the night before so you know exactly where everything will go. This will give you one less thing to do on the day of the party, so you can focus on enjoying yourself!
- Mix Old With New: Holidays are the perfect time to incorporate old traditions with new ones. A great way to do this is by mixing and matching old dishes, serving ware, and decorations with new. Your grandmother’s china may look fabulous on your modern dining room table. Don’t be afraid to mix things up!
Keep Decorations Tasteful
When it comes to decorating for Easter, there’s a fine line between being playful and going overboard. To make sure your décor complements your home and doesn’t overpower it, choose fewer pieces that will make more of an impact. One way to accomplish this effect is by hanging garland. Stringing paper garland cut into fun designs can add pizzazz to a fireplace mantel, large window, or even a piece of furniture, such as a bookshelf. Cheerful, subtle, and inexpensive, the garland is a must-have for any holiday celebration.
Additionally, traditional Easter eggs can be used in a variety of ways that are tasteful and festive as well. Placing a few in a decorative bowl on an end table, scattering some around picture frames on a bookshelf, or hanging some from an arrangement of branches in a glass vase are all easy ways to make your living room Easter ready. No matter how you choose to decorate your home for your spring celebration, remember that less is more.
Make Room for Guests
The quickest way to open up a space for a party is to declutter. Put away unnecessary items like books and picture frames that sit on tabletops and shelves. Your guests will need a clear spot to place their drinks. Likewise, if young children are coming, it’s smart to hide anything breakable, especially if it’s low to the ground.
If you’ve invited a large group of people to your Easter gathering, arranging different seating areas in which they can visit and mingle is wise. Consider moving bulky furniture against the walls, then have folding chairs, benches, or other seating positioned into small groups. This will maximize space, while still maintaining an intimate, cozy feel.
Bring the Party Outdoors
What’s an Easter party without an Egg Hunt? To ensure that your guests feel right at home while they watch the kids run around your yard, make sure that you provide plenty of comfy seating. Throw pillows won’t only make an outdoor sectional or picnic table more inviting, they can also act as cushions on porch steps if seats are limited.
To make your Egg Hunt even more exciting, be sure to provide a place to grab snacks and drinks on your porch. If you don’t have a bar cart, don’t worry. Any small table will do. Just be sure to cover it with a waterproof cloth to protect it from spills.
Throwing an Easter celebration that is as exciting as it is beautiful doesn’t have to be complicated. By simply pairing functional pieces of furniture with thoughtful decor, you will be sure to impress your guests at any party you host.
For everything you need to make your Easter gathering comfortable and inviting, Ashley Homestore is here to help! With a large selection of living room, dining room, outdoor furniture, and more, we have just what you need to revamp your home this Easter season. We also have a great selection of beautiful, fun spring and Easter home décor to inspire or add to any look. Visit us at one of our convenient locations in Green Valley or Tucson today! We look forward to exceeding your expectations with our exceptional service and quality furniture.
- 7 Ways Hiring an Interior Designer Can Add Value to Your Design Project - June 18, 2020
- Simple Tips to Update Your Backyard This Summer - May 13, 2020
- Simple Tips to Prepare Your Home for Easter Entertaining - March 16, 2020
- What to Consider When Searching for a New Sofa - February 5, 2020
- Marrying Your Design Styles to Create a Home You’ll Both Love - January 23, 2020