If you’re expecting a little bundle of joy in the near future, congratulations! Whether you’re a first-time parent or adding another kiddo to the bunch, welcoming a baby into your home is an exciting experience for any family. Taking the time to design a nursery that is comfortable, organized and, of course, adorable can help ensure that transitioning into new parenthood goes as smoothly as possible.
If the thought of designing a room for your baby has you feeling overwhelmed, don’t worry. Ashley HomeStore has everything you need to create the baby nursery of your dreams.
Check out these four easy tips to effortlessly bring your nursery to life and make it your own.
Pick the perfect crib
Here are some tips to help you find the perfect crib for your baby’s nursery:
- Price point: The cost of a new crib can vary greatly. Knowing how much you have to spend before you go furniture shopping can spare you the heartache of falling in love with a crib that you have to say “no” to later.
- Style goals: What style are you hoping to achieve in the room? Modern? Traditional? Rustic? Chic? Deciding in advance can make your search faster and more efficient.
- Personal needs: Cribs come in a variety of shapes, sizes and features. Consider what you’d like to get out of the bed, such as an attachable changing table or the ability to transition it to a toddler or full-size option later.
Add a firm mattress
Did you know that sleeping on a firm mattress is the safest option for your newborn baby? It’s true. While a soft, fluffy surface may seem like the most comfortable spot to stick your baby during a nap or at bedtime, doing so could put them at risk of sudden infant death syndrome. Likewise, a firm mattress can make it easier for your baby to sit up, roll over and stand up as they get older and become more mobile.
Bottom line? Choosing a firm mattress for your little one’s crib is the best way to ensure they get the rest they need in a safe environment. Like cribs, mattresses aren’t one-size-fits-all. Doing some research to find the right mattress for your baby is a smart move to get the most out of the mattress.
Keep the essentials organized
Keeping the baby essentials handy in your child’s nursery is important, particularly when you need a fresh diaper or set of pajamas at 3 o’clock in the morning. To ensure that your baby’s clothes, diapers and other toiletries stay neat and easily accessible round-the-clock, don’t forget to include plenty of storage and organizational pieces in their room.
With so many storage solutions available at Ashley HomeStore, the sky is the limit in terms of keeping your child’s bedroom organized. Check out these ideas to get started:
- Cubbies: Cubbies are a great solution to keep baby items tucked away when they’re infants and can easily be transitioned for toys and books as your child grows.
- Storage bins/baskets: You can never have enough storage bins and baskets, especially in a nursery. Whether you arrange them on a changing table to keep diapers orderly, use them in the closet to hold tiny socks and shoes, or set one next to your seating area to keep books handy, this is one item that can elevate the style and practicality of your nursery.
- Bookshelves: Sure, bookshelves are a great place to hold your child’s favorite bedtime stories, but they’re so much more. Bookshelves are the perfect place to display photographs, artwork and other home decor that is sure to make your baby’s nursery feel warm and personal.
Provide a comfy seating area
Your baby shouldn’t be the only one who is comfortable in their bedroom. After all, you’ll be spending lots of time each day (and night) in there as well. With this in mind, designing a comfy seating area to rock, feed and bond with your baby is a must. At Ashley HomeStore, we have a large variety of gliders, rocking chairs, armchairs and other seating options to meet your unique style and comfort needs.
Here are some tips to help you choose the best nursery chair for you:
- Consider your needs: Do you prefer a chair that rocks or one that is stationary? Should it be able to swivel or recline? How do you feel about ottomans? Answering these questions can help you quickly narrow down your specific needs and make for an easy chair shopping experience.
- Comfort matters: Of course, you should choose a chair that complements the surrounding decor of the room, but comfort should be equally important. If you have the opportunity to try chairs out in person, go for it! If not, reading online reviews can be invaluable to help you choose a nursery chair that feels as good as it looks.
- Think long-term: Your baby won’t be a baby forever. Choose a chair that can transition with your family as your needs change.
Let us help make your dream nursery a reality
At Ashley HomeStore in Tucson, our experienced design team can help you achieve the beautiful, cozy nursery you have in mind quickly and easily. From quality furnishings, such as cribs and changing tables, to decorative pieces, such as rugs and lamps, we have everything you need to create a nursery that reflects your unique style. Visit us online or stop by our convenient showroom location today to get started. We can’t wait to help you create a wonderful space to welcome your new baby home!
- Update your furniture for the New Year - December 8, 2021
- Suggestions for simplicity in holiday decorations - November 30, 2021
- New baby? 4 tips for decorating your nursery - October 20, 2021
- 6 Tips to Style Your Home for Fall - September 22, 2021
- Must-Have Pieces for Your College Dorm or Young Adult’s Room - August 19, 2021