Spring gives everyone the perfect excuse to liven up our living spaces, whether you live in an urban loft apartment or spacious rural farmhouse. While the idea of giving your entire home a facelift lift inside and out can feel overwhelming, a few simple steps can go a long way in making your home look as beautiful and feel as fresh as the season itself. Check out these six easy tips to from the design team at Ashley Homestore in Tucson to embrace the best of spring.
Choose Lighter Fabrics
While home decor in winter is all about providing a cozy and warm aesthetic, spring interior design should be the opposite: airy and inviting. One way to instantly make your living spaces feel fresh and bright is to swap out heavy fabrics for lighters ones. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Accent Pillows: These can add a pop of color and comfort to your home in rooms small and large. Invest in a few for all of your favorite places to hang out, such as your living room, breakfast area, or patio area.
- Throw Blankets: The days may be getting warmer, but throw blankets can still add a homey vibe to lounge-worthy spaces. In place of the wool, flannel, or cashmere that are ideal for the colder months, choose materials that are comfortable but will be more likely to breathe on warm afternoons, such as cotton or linen.
- Bedding: The way you choose to dress your bed can affect the way the entire bedroom feels. For this reason, it’s important to choose sheets, a comforter, and pillows that let you experience the vibrancy of spring the moment you walk in the door.
- Springtime Fabrics: The secret to helping any room in your home feel like spring is to select the appropriate materials and patterns for your upholstered accessories, such as:
- Polka dots
- Natural materials: cotton, linen, and silk
Bring in Brighter Colors
One of the features that make springtime so pretty and inspiring is its one-of-a-kind use of color. From soft pinks and greens to bold yellows and oranges, nature is brimming with hues that are as striking as they are subtle. If your home could use a touch of pizzazz to liven things up, playing with color is a wonderful way to mimic the natural beauty of springtime. Check out these easy tips to make your home more colorful this spring:
- Apply peel and stick wallpaper to your bathroom, family room, or accent wall to incorporate color, pattern, and texture without breaking the bank.
- Swap out your dining room chairs for brighter alternatives.
- Paint a piece of furniture or even an entire room a rejuvenating color, such as sage green.
- Bring in playful accessories, such as blue table lamp, for a surprising pop.
- Add a feminine touch to any space with blush-colored window treatments.
- Incorporate a multi-colored area rug to bring the whole room together.
Add Fresh or Faux Flowers
Spring is a time of growth and new beginnings. As the flowers and trees begin to bloom outside, why not add some greenery indoors? Pairing a stylish vase with a bouquet of fresh flowers is a simple way to instantly revamp any room in your home. Likewise, houseplants are a great long-term decor option that can easily enhance the look and feel of your living spaces. To put a contemporary touch on a space, consider welcoming a snake plant or group of succulents into a room. If you don’t have much of a green thumb, but enjoy having plants in your house, faux plants and flowers are just what you need. Real or faux, the results are sure to be modern, welcoming, colorful, and stylish.
Spruce Up Your Entryway
Don’t just let the inside of your home get all the spring décor fun this season. Add some much-needed attention to your front porch and entryway as well. Start by choosing a lovely spring wreath or door hanger to welcome your family and guests into your home. A planter or two filled with fresh spring flowers would make a gorgeous complement along with a welcome mat for visitors to wipe their feet before entering. For your entryway, if space allows, placing simple items like an accent table or a comfortable place to sit, such as a bench, and a wicker basket to store your shoes can go a long way. To keep the space polished, hang a mirror over the table, along with a small lamp, and framed picture to complete the look.
A popular term used a lot this time of year is “spring cleaning” and for good reason. Who doesn’t want to refresh their home to match the beauty of the season? To get rid of any excess clutter you have lying around your house, keep these tips in mind:
- Go room by room. Don’t move onto the next room until you’ve finished the one you started.
- Work your way around each room in a circle, taking the time to carefully consider whether each item is worth keeping or should be given a second life in a new home.
- Be honest about what you need to keep. Just because you’ve had an item for many years or it was a gift from someone you love doesn’t mean you have to keep it. Try to only keep items that you use, need, or love.
Revamp Your Patio for Outdoor Gatherings
The warm days and cool nights of spring are the perfect excuse to spend more time outside with your family and friends. To make outdoor entertaining as comfortable as possible, invest in an outdoor sectional or armchairs that look as good as they feel. Likewise, an outdoor dining area or picnic table is perfect for hosting dinners beneath the sky. To set the mood, pair your outdoor furniture with string lights and a few leafy plants, such as a palm tree or fern. You may just create a new favorite area to hang out with the people you love the most.
From soft pastels and playful patterns to bright accessories and outdoor furniture, Ashley Homestore in Tucson has everything you need to bring your home out of winter and into spring. Visit us online, stop by our convenient showroom location, or contact us to learn more about our large selection of home decor products today!
- 6 Tips to Revamp Your Home This Spring - March 22, 2021
- 6 Home Decor Resolutions worth Keeping in 2021 - February 18, 2021
- 7 Tips to Elevate Your Rental Home - January 25, 2021
- 7 Simple Tips to Decorate Your Home for Winter - December 15, 2020
- Empty Nesters: How to Convert Your Child’s Old Room into the Perfect Home Office - November 20, 2020