With longer days and warmer weather, spring is the perfect time to make new memories with your family and friends. Rather than entertaining indoors, why not make the most of your porch or patio by relaxing and entertaining outdoors? If your outdoor area could use a facelift, let the design experts at Ashley Homestore help you breathe new life into your patio this spring.
Make Outdoor Dining a Breeze
One of the many benefits of having access to a porch or patio is being able to dine outdoors. Whether you set an intimate table for two, put together a family-style spread, or lay out a space with hor d’oeuvres for guests to come and go as they please, make eating outside feel special. To make eating and entertaining on your patio easy and convenient, keep these tips in mind:
• Invest in a table large enough to accommodate the people you plan to serve regularly.
• Choose comfortable chairs or add throw pillows for extra support.
• Install fans to ensure everyone stays cool on warm evenings.
• Purchase outdoor tableware to protect your everyday dishes from breaking.
Set the Mood
A great patio can make hanging out with family and visiting with friends a pleasure. However, there’s more to creating a welcoming atmosphere than simply providing a comfy place to sit. To elevate the appearance and ambiance of your patio, be sure to add little touches that make a big impact. For instance, hanging string lights is an easy way to illuminate your porch while helping it feel cozy and inviting. Candles are another inexpensive yet effective feature that can add personality and warmth to your patio area. To keep your family and guests as comfortable as possible, while sitting outside, be sure to choose candles that will also act as an insect-repellent. Likewise, installing an audio system or using a Bluetooth speaker to turn on your favorite tunes is sure to bring your patio to the next level. With the right light features and music, your patio may become your new favorite place to relax.
Provide a Comfy Place to Lounge
What good is a porch if it doesn’t make you want to kick your feet up and unwind? To ensure that you, your family, and guests get the most out of your patio area no matter what time of day it may be, be sure to provide a comfy place to lounge. Whether you choose a pair of matching chairs, a sofa, or sectional, keep these tips in mind to create the perfect outdoor seating area for your home:
• Consider the size of your space. Be careful not to choose a seating arrangement that is too large for your patio. After all, you’ll need enough room to easily walk around, as well as other features, such as a dining set or patio swing.
• Prioritize comfort when shopping for outdoor furniture. It should feel as good as it looks.
• Try before you buy. If possible, sit on the furniture you plan to use on your porch before you purchase it to ensure it’s the best fit for you.
- New baby? 4 tips for decorating your nursery - October 20, 2021
- 6 Tips to Style Your Home for Fall - September 22, 2021
- Must-Have Pieces for Your College Dorm or Young Adult’s Room - August 19, 2021
- Furniture and Accessories to Keep You Cool All Summer Long - July 20, 2021
- 5 Ideas to Brighten Up Your Kitchen and Dining Room - June 11, 2021