At Splendido, residents enjoy multiple restaurants, distinctive services, and the added benefit of a plan for the future.
What does your plan for the future look like? If you’re a planner, you’ve already got your investments and income figured out, and your estate plan in order. But there are other important aspects of planning that are often ignored—such as laying the groundwork for your future quality of life.
More and more people are considering the solid advantages of Life Plan Communities. These age-restricted, amenity-rich communities invite people to live on their own terms, enjoying a host of amenities, services, and opportunities, along with the added benefit of access to on-site health care services, if ever needed.
A local example of this is Splendido, a Life Plan Community in Oro Valley for those 55 and better.
An Engaged Lifestyle
Because you move into a Life Plan Community while you’re independent, you can take full advantage of the rewarding benefits of living there. At Splendido, residents enjoy amenities such as
- a 10,000+-square-foot fitness center with cardio and strength-training equipment, a group exercise area, and indoor and outdoor pools
- a spa & salon offering signature services, massage, facials, and more
- inspiring social, educational, and cultural programs, including the Splendido Intellectual Pursuits Program—a resident-led curriculum of classes on topics from astronomy to current events to billiards
- an art studio for exploring creativity through hands-on art classes, collaborative Open Art Studio sessions, and a Visiting Artists series led by local experts
These and other amenities and services are designed to meet the needs and desires of today’s older adults—and they also support overall wellness.
A national, five-year study revealed clear associations between living in a Life Plan Community and enjoying better health. The Age Well Study is a large-scale national study conducted over five years by Mather Institute, involving a total of 8,228 residents living in 122 Life Plan Communities around the US.
The Age Well Study compared the health and well-being of people who live in Life Plan Communities to a demographically similar sample of older adults living in the community at large. The findings reveal that residents of Life Plan Communities reported better physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and vocational wellness than their community-dwelling counterparts over a five-year span, with more favorable ratings in social and intellectual wellness in particular. That’s not surprising, since in a community like Splendido it’s easy to find neighbors with similar interests to form a book club, volunteer cadre, or other social groups.
The Value of Life Care
Beyond the day-to-day advantages of Life Plan Community living, Splendido offers a significant benefit that’s unique in southern Arizona. It’s called Life Care, and many residents point to it as a key factor behind their decision to choose Splendido.
What Life Care provides is coverage for the continuum of living options offered in Splendido’s award-winning on-site health center, Sonora. Those include assisted living, memory support, and Medicare-certified skilled nursing. The cost is included in each resident’s Monthly Fee, which also covers a host of services. Should the need for health care arise… those predictable costs stay virtually the same, no matter what level of care is needed, or if it’s needed by just one or both partners in a Splendido home.
“Financially I think it’s an excellent deal,” says Dick Wilson, who moved to Splendido in 2020. “We know we’re set for whatever happens going forward, and our children don’t have to worry about it.” His wife Sandy adds, “I think they view it as we’ve given them a gift.”
To see photos, floor plans, and upcoming events, visit splendidotucson.com.
- Life Plan Communities Offer Proven Benefits - January 10, 2024
- Recharging Wellness - November 22, 2023
- Plenty of Style & Space: What Senior Living Can Offer - May 1, 2022
- Clear Up Clutter—Your Brain Will Thank You - November 29, 2021
- Plenty of Style, Space & Socializing: What Senior Living Can Offer - June 7, 2021