Do you have to accept baldness as a normal part of life?
Thanks to the latest transplant surgical treatments, that answer is a resounding NO. Dr. Sharon A. Keene of the Physician’s Hair Institute in Tucson, AZ has helped pioneer some of the most advanced techniques anywhere – and her results are permanent.
Dr. Keene can create this high “degree” of naturalness using the techniques and methods of ultra refined incisional follicular unit hair transplants.Today’s patients are looking for a natural hairline without suffering through that “grafty” phase patients had to deal with in the past.
“Creating a natural hairline is one of the most important elements of a successful hair transplant,” says Dr. Keene. “Our ability to create naturalness has dramatically increased in recent years.”
State of the Art Equipment and Techniques
Many of the techniques that Dr. Keene’s Physician’s Hair Institute utilizes are of her own creation.
- FUT graft dissection – this includes a form of magnification that is greatly improved over the standard stereoscopic techniques used by other practices. Dr. Keene announced this technique in a 2002 medical conference and presented the technique at the 2003 Italian Society of Hair Restoration Surgery conference in Rome, Italy. This technique has been well-received and adopted by many of the top hair restoration clinics.
- Design of a new graft holder that keeps the grafts hydrated during procedures. Aesthetic Surgery Journal and Dermatologic Surgery
- A multi-recipient site scalpel that improves the procedure and keeps the critical steps needed in the hands of the doctor and not the assistants.
- Utilization of the S.A.F.E. device for follicular unit extraction (FUE) graft removal which speeds the donor graft removal over the standard manual techniques.
What You Won’t Encounter
- High pressure sales techniques. Dr. Keene believe her patients should be fully informed and educated on their options. But, in some cases, transplants aren’t for everyone and she bases her recommendations on each patients individual needs.
- Being just another patient. To allow Dr. Keene to be involved with all aspects of the procedures recommended, she typically limits her transplant surgeries to one a day. Not only will the patient receive the full attention of the clinic’s medical assistants, but also the full attention of Dr. Keene herself throughout the entire procedure.
- A lot of travel. Because of the demand, Dr. Keene has limited her practice to the local Tucson metropolitan area – with a satellite office in Scottsdale as a convenience for her Phoenix patients.
Not only is Dr. Keene the president and medical director of Physician’s Hair Institute and recognized for her pioneering work in the hair transplant field, she has:
- Lectured and written on hair transplant surgery and its advanced techniques.
- Published articles in the International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, the Hair Transplant Forum and Surgery.
- Written a chapter for the book Hair Transplant 4th Edition, 2004.
- Along with her colleagues at Shapiro Medical Group, has demonstrated and been recognized by her peers as one of the leading physicians in the field of follicular unit technique – not only in her expertise but for her active role in educating follow physicians and patients in these recent innovations.
- President of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery 2014-2015. The ISHRS consists of over 1000 medical professionals from all over the world devoted to the science and art of hair restoration.
- Member of the board of governors for the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS) since 2012.
- Lectured in 2011 at the annual ISHRS Scientific Meeting on FUE and tattooing to revise widened strip donor scars, genetics of hair loss and anti androgen therapy in women.
- Consulting expert in reviewing hair restoration surgery cases for the AZ Board of Medical Examiners in 1999, 2000, 2004, 2005 and 2010.
- Invited faculty for the 2005 Italian Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons where she was presented with the Ghirlandrina award for her contributions to hair restoration.
- 2004 ISHRS conference in Vancouver where she was awarded a certificate for outstanding contribution.
- 2004 Italian Society for Hair Restorations conference in Torino, Italy where she was presented with a plaque for Peaks in Hair Restoration.
- 2003 Italian Society of Hair Restoration Surgery in Rome, Italy, where she was awarded the Mouth of Truth for ethics in hair restoration. She received a certificate for serving as a faculty member on the world-renowned European Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons in Berlin, Germany.
- 2002 lectured on innovative surgical technique and hair loss in women at the Italian Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons meeting in Florence, Italy where she was also awarded the Michelangelo award for her contributions in Hair Transplant Surgery.
- 2002 certificate of appreciation from the European Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons in London, UK for demonstrating the mega-session technique utilizing the multi-recipient site scalpel she designed.
- Surgeon of the Month, July 2001 issue of Hair Transplant Forum.
- She is board certified as a general surgeon by the American Board of Surgery
Dr. Keene is considered one of the foremost doctors in the hair restoration field for her many contributions and improvements to procedure, education and adaptation of the most advanced and proven techniques and treatments.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Keene at the Physician’s Hair Institute,
call 800-840-9761 or 520-290-5555.
- 7 Ways to Make Your Kitchen More Accessible - October 31, 2017
- Is it Time to Refinance? - October 26, 2017
- Expert Design Tips for Home Makeovers & Moves - October 11, 2017
- How to Rock Halloween With a DIY Costume - October 11, 2017
- CHANNEL CHOICE™ Achieves DISH ‘Premier Local Retailer’ Status - October 11, 2017