Grammy Award-winning band will perform at halftime
TUCSON, ARIZ. (Dec. 21, 2015) – Three-time Grammy Award-winning band, Los Lobos, will perform at the inaugural NOVA® Home Loans Arizona Bowl game half time event on Dec. 29. Los Lobos will deliver a high energy halftime show featuring the band’s signature rock crossover hits as well as the innovative and soulful songs of their latest album, Gates of Gold.
“The incomparable sound and energy that Los Lobos brings to this halftime show will perfectly personify the unique nature of the Arizona Bowl,” said Alan Young, CEO of Arizona Sports & Entertainment Commission.” Los Lobos is a band like no other playing during a game that is the first of its kind in many ways. A perfect match. We are very excited for this performance.”
Los Lobos is praised for their eclectic style, fusing a mix of Rock and Roll, Country and Folk with Blues, Cumbia and Jazz rhythms and styles. Throughout 40 years of making music, Los Lobos has drawn and maintained a dedicated fan base with classics such as “Will the Wolf Survive” and “La Bamba.” This year, Los Lobos were nominated for induction into the prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and received a Lifetime Achievement award from the Americana Music Association.
Purchase tickets online via Ticketmaster at www.azbowlgame.com.
- The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law is welcoming new faculty members - July 25, 2018
- Pima Federal Credit Union Raises $50,000 for Local Teachers - July 20, 2018
- Korey Schultz joins east-side Coldwell office - June 25, 2018
- Missy Eddy was named new marketing director for TCI Wealth Advisors - April 27, 2018
- How to Rock Halloween With a DIY Costume - October 11, 2017